Friday, June 10, 2011

News of Pathfinder Minis III

 
This weekend is PaizoCon 2011 in Bellevue, Washington, and readers, while I am not there, I have some moles who are.  This afternoon I got the following:
I talked to [Paizo Publisher] Erik [Mona] about PPMs [pre-painted plastic miniatures]. Nothing solid after the first box. But if they do more they will be random, or in sets (like a set of goblins). And some sort of mini game is expected.
Again, here is the link to the Q&A and preoder page at Paizo.  I'm hearing reasons suggesting that it is wise to preorder this one, among them helping WizKids determine their initial run, so if you want to ensure that you get one and increase the possibilities that are entertained in the report above, I highly recommend clicking away.  Keep up the good work, moles!

2 comments:

  1. If the minis game is integrated into Pathfinder, I wonder if everyone will blow up, the way they did with 4e, or if they will praise Paizo for being so innovative and/or reviving chainmail.

    I'm a long time, die hard Paizo fan, but that doesn't mean I don't see the hypocrisy among us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My interpretation of the comment about the mini game was that it would be on the WizKids' side of things, to help drive sales, like their other miniatures games. Either way, I don't imagine it would necessarily affect those of us who are only interested in using them for the RPG, any more than the WotC minis game which I never played affected me back when they had PPMs. The only effect I can thing of is that they'd drive up sales, making the line more successful and thus subsidizing them for those of us who are RPG only. But maybe your concern will suss out more details!

    ReplyDelete