Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!







Yes, I've been crazy busy and having trouble finding time for posting.  I did find time to finally read two contemporary vampire classics that I'd been planning on for this Halloween: 'Salem's Lot and Anno Dracula.  The former hit my horror button harder and the latter hit my Victoriana fanboy button harder, but I enjoyed and recommend both if you haven't gotten around to them.  I am Legend will just have to wait for some other year.  What did you sink your teeth into this year, my blood-thirsty ramblers?

2 comments:

  1. Recent airplane travel gave me time to read _Dreadful Skin_ by Cherie Priest about an ex-nun battling werewolves in the Old West.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've actaully managed to read any horror this year. I don't have as much time for reading as I used to and the Pathfinder Tales line has been keeping me pretty busy. I am very keen to get the latest two Fantasy Flight Games Cthulhu novels though.
    While I have yet to read the first book in the Lord of Nightmares Trilogy I am still looking forward to picking up the second for when I do get the chance.
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=170&enmi=The Lord of Nightmares Trilogy
    I am however very much anticipating diving into the second book in the Dark Waters Trilogy, as the first book excited my love of Lovecraft in ways that Lovecraft himself never did!
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=140&enmi=The Dark Waters Trilogy

    ReplyDelete