Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Medusa's Kitty Prowls New Bestiary

Kamadan Illustration by Eric Belisle

I love monsters books -- have ever since I was a kid-- especially if they are big and beautiful and packed with monsters. 

Not surprisingly, I'm a fan of the Pathfinder bestiaries.  If you love bestiaries and are looking for holiday gifts for gamers, take a look at the new Bestiary 3, previewed in today's blog.  Heck, get one for yourself while you are at it.  Or for your favorite mythopoeic blogger who still hasn't gotten his.  :D

4 comments:

  1. That's one beautiful kamadan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it? I've never used a kamadan in game, and now all I can think about is ways to use them in game: Medusas would keep them. Or that they would populate Aryanistan in my still-in-stasis S&W game, calling to mind Zahhak, the king with snakes on his shoulders. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zahhak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think kamadans versus displacer beasts should be something epic in a game. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I gotta admit that Kamadan is one mighty fine lookin' beastie.
    Given that Panthers and Snakes share top honours on my list of favourite animals, I can easily see me altering the colouration to black (I know, I know... total Displacer Beast Fanboi rip off alert) and using them. :)

    ReplyDelete