Monday, August 13, 2012

Random Rambles of Late

Picture Linked

Went shopping this evening after the first day of school to replenish my depleted larder.  I ran across the above, BLAECORN UNIDRAGON Russian Imperial Stout (for clearer picture, see here).  At over twelve dollars for 1 & 3/8 pint, it's a little rich for my blood.  Anybody ever try it?



I picked up James Enge's Blood of Ambrose.  I remember it was getting a lot of great buzz a few years back when it came out, but there is something stubborn in me that resists new books in a way that I do not resist new movies.  So I know I'm late to the party, but so far, this book is a first rate piece of sword and sorcery -- well-written, attention grabbing and holding, interesting characters.  It seems that the good buzz was justified.  I'm pretty sure this is going to turn out to be a "Strongly Recommend."

When the hell did summer get so short and school years get so long?  Happy Mythopoeic Monday, all!