Monday, April 23, 2012

T is for TAROT


Regular ramblers know that, in spite of being an old fogy who never got into any of these new-fangled card games, I am still fascinated by card decks.  I created a way for generating classic fantasy role-playing characters using a standard card deck.  (The world wasn't as impressed as I was, but what-ya-gonna-do?)  I've emoted about my love for Paizo's Harrow Deck and the old Deck of Many Things.  So I was always looking for a good deal on a Ravenloft Tarokka deck or a tarot deck.  Well, I finally got the tarot deck the day before T!  (The artist is David Palladini.)  I got a great deal at Lucky Dog Books.  (I'm still working on forgiving them for closing their old Paperbacks Plus store in Lakewood.  So many great memories in that place over the years.)

I wish I had some cool new idea to share, but I don't.  I started playing around with a use for the tarot during gaming, but it is still in the early stages of development.  Therefore, I'll share the picture of my deck in action and promote my old post (linked as "card deck" above), Paizo's Harrow, and Charles Williams' The Greater Trumps.  Don't hate me for one day of show-and-tell and sell.  ;-)