Sunday, April 15, 2012

M is for MIRROR, MIRROR


I know it's Sunday off from A-Z, but I just got back from taking the wife to see Mirror, Mirror.  Not exactly opening week, I know, but it's hard to get to the movies during tax season.  Now, you know from my weekly watching of NBC's Grimm and ABC's Once Upon a Time (not to mention my review of the disappointing Red Riding Hood) that I am a sucker for fairy tale re-tellings.  Almost as much of a sucker as I am or beautiful brunettes and dwarfs.  Which this movie has.  Also, if you can't bear to not know, it's got two more things I'll put in the bottom as a spoiler in green font.

Now, while I much prefer a dark retelling to a comedic retelling, I still give a recommend to Mirror, Mirror.  It's fun, filled with the both the new twist to the familiar and the predictable.  It's also a feast for the eyes.   While it may not be the most brilliant comedy, it's not a painfully bad one (like most), but good enough to work a as whole.  If you love Bollywood, be sure and stick around through the credits.  If you hate Bollywood, get up and scoot at the beginning of the credits.



Spoiler: Dude! It has Sean Bean and a tatzelwurm!