Saturday, February 18, 2012

Contest and Follower Drive!


Starting today and ending Friday the 25th at sundown in the Central timezone, I'm looking to break the 100 follower barrier, bring new folks into the Mythopoeic Rambling readership and spread the word, and celebrate one year of blogging.  Every new follower will be added to the list of entrants, and I will roll dice to choose the winners.  It's a way of passing some possessions on and sharing with you as so many of you have shared with me.  The tokens of my appreciation are the books pictured above.  So if you have not been publicly following the blog as a Mythopoeic Rambler, do so now!

"What is that?" asks you faithful 98.  "What about us?"  All my current followers need to do to enter is make a comment on this post.  Of course any suggestions, criticisms, compliments, or questions will be seriously entertained and appreciated. 

We'll see how this first contest goes.  I may immediately follow it up with another, as I get some more things together.

Books, R-L/T-B: Dray Prescott 1: Transit to Scorpio, 33: Witches of Kregen; Snow White, Blood Red ed. by Datlow & Windling; Raymond Feist's Magician books Apprentice and Master; Yarbo's Path of the Eclipse.  They are all in decent reading condition (the glare on the last book makes it look otherwise than it is).  The two Prescott books are not easy to find and especially deserve a good home!

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't follow you before!? I will flog myself in punishment... or not flog myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them as well. But then again I like books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unknown: Looks like your wife is going to do your flogging for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's the way of life, what man cannot do woman will do for him.... then laugh at him. ;)

      Delete
  5. You should post this to google+!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doodlebug: I don't see 'mongst the Ramblers. You can click 'Join this site' in the right sidebar, or go into your profile and click Manage Sites and add the blog's address manually. Just be sure and choose Follow Publicly if you take the latter option.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't sure if I was following you or not. It turns out I'm last in the list. Say, does that make me your first follower, then?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOo, shiny books! And I'm #100 in the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whazzat? Did someone mention something about free books? As long as they're Dead Tree and none a that there electronicy stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  10. From my first follower, Mike, (yep, that's what that means!) to #100, Bob, Thanks! That was quick. I'm curious how far we'll go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. David: I have not ventured into the world of Google+, as I've heard it does things I don't want it to do. But feel free to let people in your circle know! Word seems to have slowed, so I will appreciate anyone who helps spread it.

    ReplyDelete