Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Struggling Against the Hibernation Instinct

a bear 038a.jpg By: jdurham


The end of the semester and the approaching holidays have triggered my hibernation instinct.  Posts begun lie unfinished.  Tabs of other people's posts sprawl across my screen.  Netflix beckons; the bed beckons; The Chronicles of Amber beckon.  If I can't get myself in a more productive mode, I will at least point out some folks who have been for the benefit of anyone who may have missed them.  When it comes to RPG-related posts, Beedo's blog Dreams in the Lich House has been particularly hot lately. Among his recent hotness is one post on the Dungeon as Mythic Underworld which is getting some discussion. Moving from world-building to its flip side in mechanics, Delta has done a couple of historical jaw-breakers that are not to be missed: one on the spell Conjure Elemental, the other on Elves.